Tuesday 20 July 2010

Technology

I fell out with technology today. My Epson printer informed me that in its humble opinion, a part had reached the end of its useful life, and therefore it would not work until I had taken it for a service.
In the good old days printers would keep going until they died - mine seems to want early retirement!
The cost of a new printer makes servicing uneconomic, so I will buy a new one. This seems such a waste of resources.
But isn't this just symptomatic of the world we live in? We live in a disposable world and therefore must expect things like this to happen.
And across the world are millions struggling to fetch water, wondering where their neext meal is coming from.
Others have no roof over their head, or are raiding rubbish dumps to find anything they can recycle to earn pennies.
It saddens me to dump a printer because it refuses to work, rather than simply breaking down. It saddens me more that
I am part of a throwaway society within a work of want and need.
*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. This information is really good and I will say will always be helpful if we try it risk free. So if you can back it up. That will really help us all. And this might bring some good repute to you.Well I normally never comment on blogs but I agree. Thanks for shedding some light on this. I am going to check out the rest of this blog now!

    social

    ReplyDelete