Monday 6 September 2010

An Autumn Spring Clean

I have a confession! We are having a new kitchen installed after 15 years, and as the clearing has progressed and cupboards pulled out, I have discovered a lot of small corners which were less than wholesome, having been missed by the casual wipe around with a damp cloth over the years.

I guess that probably mirrors my life. I know that there are small corners which are only known to me and God, things that I am not so happy about, that are in need of Spring Cleaning whatever the season might be!

How often it takes a major upheaval to expose that which has been left undone, when regular attention would have been preferable. How often we hang on to our past, rather than hand that all over to God and accept his forgiveness and cleansing.




No comments:

Post a Comment