Thursday 5 January 2012

New Year - New Beginnings

At the start of this new year I offer you the Methodist Covenant Prayer, which will be said at all Methodist Churches in January.

It is a chance to dedicate ourselves once again to God in service.

New Year's resolutions are mainly about giving up, this is about doing something new for God!
'IA covenant with God am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will,
rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing,
put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you,
or laid aside for you,
exalted for you,
or brought low for you;
let me be full,
let me be empty,
let me have all things,
let me have nothing:
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine and I am yours.' 





No comments:

Post a Comment